Monday, March 5, 2012

Mad Hatter Invites TAKE TWO!

I love when expecting Mom's forgo the storks and bows and opt for a more creative and quirky baby shower theme! It's especially rewarding when they allow me creative freedom to run with what they had envisioned; the challenge however is re-inventing a theme I've done previously in a completely different way. I had the opportunity a few weeks back to create a baby girl shower invitation with a Mad Hatter theme, and I was recently approached again with the same theme but this time for a baby boy! I had to erase the hot pink argil ribbon and feather detail from my mind and create the Mad Hatter look with some baby blue hues. 


To see the Mad Hatter- Girl inspired Invite, visit:
http://the2ucollection.blogspot.com/2012/01/its-mad-hatter-kind-of-affair.html


My inspiration started with a cyan blue damask print die cut fold as the front of the invite. That paired with white and espresso pearl paper really allowed the espresso, marigold and blue fonts to pop. The marigold satin ribbon was the finishing touch of detail to this gorgeous invite. 



Robyn, the Mommy-to-be knew that soon enough her feminine energy would be taken over by a male dominated household. She made it clear to me that although the invite is for her expected baby boy that it be clear to guests this was still a Mommy only event with lots of feminine flair! So before the house gets flooded with 24/7 football games and baseball hats I made sure these invites and the shower itself more than suited Robyn's personality and love for girly frills.

It's not a Mad Hatter invite without a cup of tea!





Not only do I love this couple, My relationship with Robyn and Andrew started years ago, and they became clients when I collaborated with them in designing their wedding invitations and stationery. As a business owner one of my greatest joys is seeing my clients lives change and being a part of their continued life celebrations!

No comments: