Friday, May 18, 2012

Table for Ten - New, Intimate, Niche Networking!

Eblast invitation by The 2u Collection
(all photography is courtesy of Liga Photography)

As many of you know, I not only work a lot with Lisa Stoner and Abby Liga, but they are both also very close friends of mine. The three of us have spent many a lunch, happy hour and dinner, discussing and brainstorming small morsel ideas, and we nurture them into BIG GIANT IDEAS!  Table for Ten is one of those ideas! So before I give you all the fun insight into our fun event. Let me first give you a little background of how it was born!


Quote from Lisa Stoner:


"A few months ago, I decided I'd had enough.  It was a week that had three local wedding industry networking events scheduled, and as much as I love my industry peers, it was getting to be too much.  I mean, I have a family…! ;)"

On the drive home with Jeffrey (Stoner), I commented that what I really enjoyed at those events was finally getting to spend a few minutes in conversation and getting to know someone I'd been wanting to meet, but with hundreds of people in attendance, those moments rarely presented themselves.  In that moment, inspiration struck.

I spent the next few days putting together an idea that seemed radical in its simplicity – I presented the idea to my friends Abby Liga and Amy Morelli – two like-minded industry friends who shared my sense of style – and asked if they thought it was a viable idea.

Table for Ten is born! (watch this charming video by Jeffrey Stoner Video)


We created a comfortable, intimate niche networking evening to get to know our fellow wedding professionals. What makes them tick? What inspires them? 

A crazy, rainy first attempt, but our first "Table for Ten" was incredible!  We've gotten such favorable feedback from our guests, and we plan to continue!  Check it out!

The three of us Hostess' acting silly and trying to take our own photo!
Lisa Stoner, Amy Morelli, Abby Liga

Our beautiful tablescape...before the rain!
Amy Morelli opening some wine so the festivities can begin!
Details of the Evening. Wonderful Appetizers by Abby Liga. Amazing Disco Balls and Chocolate Covered strawberries by Ronnie Renaud of RW Chocolate Fountain Rentals, and of course some Paper Accents (place cards) by yours truly here at The 2u Collection!
Jeffrey Stoner screams WHY.... as the sprinkles start!
The sprinkles turn to DOWNPOUR...
All of our guests are gracious and wonderful.. Thank goodness we had color caps on hand! (Thanks Marjorie!) They made for a fun photo op!
back row, l to r: Lisa Stoner, Gina Ricci Ward and Tali Gallo of Solutions Bridal, Lee Forrest of Lee Forrest Design, Marjorie Robinson
front row, l to r: Amy Morelli, Ronnie Renaud of RW Chocolate Fountain Rentals, and Kristin Hubbard Wilson of DJ Rocks!
Plan B: indian style slumber party vibe in the office of E-Events and Liga Photography!
Kristin and Lisa sporting "glitter glaze" from the Amazing Disco Balls provided by Ronnie!

Hope you enjoyed this recap! Stay Tuned, our next one will be toward end of summer, and we'll have a new group of fun guests to get to know!

No comments: