Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Inspiration Series-Photographer Shira Weinberger

am often asked how I fight through creative block and what inspires me. So, here is an installment of my Inspiration Series. 

I've found that sometimes to break out of a NON-creative funk, it's best I go look at some work of other artists I admire. Being a traditional artist as well, It's fun for me to see what other artists use as their outlet, although I paint, and sketch my primary outlet for my art is through graphics, type and paper.  Sometimes to see how other creative minds put out their ideas, and the creations they create will jostle my own creative juices. All photography images courtesy of Shira Weinberger
Today's installment is about NYC Expressive Contemporary Photographer Shira WeinbergerI had the pleasure of working with Shira in October of last year on our Gotham Hall wedding in New York City. In a city full of photo opportunities Shira definitely makes the best of them. It takes a special person to be able to capture a couple's most intimate moments and she is able to do that and more. She is able to capture images that really convey the raw emotion of the moment and that is truly a creative gift. 

Enjoy the photos and may you be inspired as well. 



All photography images courtesy of Shira Weinberger

1 comment:

shira said...

Wow, Amy, thank you so much for your kind words about my work! The invitations that you created for Samira and Jesse were a piece of art. I agree, as an artist we always need to look for inspiration and stay fresh, and be happy with what we create.